Get Cara’s Cover Look
With the unveiling of Cara’s Cover for Modeliste magazine, celebrity Makeup Artist, Dana Delaney gives us the inside scoop on the products and beauty hacks she used to create Cara’s gorgeously flawless look working exclusively with Hourglass products. Get her look here.
All Products by Hourglass Cosmetics.
1) First step is massaging No 28 Primer Serum into the skin with your fingertips making sure the skin absorbs the product.
No 28 Primer Serum
2) For foundation I used Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint where needed then finished off with Hidden Corrective Concealer for any areas that needed some extra coverage.
Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint
3) Using the Modernist Eyeshadow Palette in Atmosphere I sculpted the crease of the eye by gradually building layer by layer with a taupe brown. Then I layered a pink and champagne shade over the eyelid right in the center to create a highlight that brings out the eye. Leave the brow bone bare to create a more natural highlight.
Modernist Eyeshadow Palette in Atmosphere I
4) To create a cat eye I used a Mechanical Gel Eyeliner in Obsidian and dragged out the line with a pointed liner brush for a more precise pointed liner.
Mechanical Gel Eyeliner in Obsidian
5) Finish off the eye by using a thickening mascara like Film Noir Full Spectrum. Really focus on the base of the lash by wiggling the brush at the root and then pulling up through the rest of the lash.
Film Noir Full Spectrum
6) I did a very light contour through the cheek with Ambient Lighting Bronzer then added some natural highlighting on the high planes of the face using Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder with a soft blending brush.
Ambient Lighting Bronzer
Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder
7) On the lips I filled in the lip with lip liner in Nude Beige for definition then layered Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss in Reflect
Femme Nude Lip Stylo Nude Beige
Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss in Reflect