Get the Cover look – Lucy Hale
Being an actress comes with some serious perks, like working with some of the Industry’s most talented and revered makeup artists. Los Angeles–based makeup artist, Allan Avendaño is the ultimate celebrity pro. He is the masterfully skilled hand behind some of our Cover Star, Lucy Hale’s most radiant red carpet looks including a recent set of gilded gold lids. Here, Allan reveals the tricks and must-have products behind Lucy’s ethereal Cover look.
MAKEUP: Lucy’s look can be described as Bohemian Chic.
We simply bronzed her face and body to create a sunkissed glow!
1. On the eyes I used the Becca Cosmetics Ombré Nude Eye Palette to give her a subtle soft brown Smokey eye.
2. To make her eyes pop, I have her top lashes 2 coats of L’Oréal Voluminous Mascara and one coat on the bottom.
3. For her face I used Vita Liberata new Body Blur in Latte to give her a more tan complexion.
4. To add more dimension to the face, I defined her cheekbones with Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow.
5. I lined Lucy’s Lips with Charlotte Tilbury Iconic Nude Lip Liner and then applied LORAC Velvet Matte Lipstick in Vibe.
HAIR: Celebrity hairstylist Bridget Brager shares with us how she created our Cover Star, Lucy Hale’s perfectly textured and tousled waves. We wanted a lived in look, so we decided on a “Bent Beach Texture” which is both cool and romantic but not to try hard.
1. To get the look I started by giving a light spray roots to ends with my favorite texture spray Sachajuan Ocean Mist.
2. I used my hands to rough dry the hair using my GHD blow dryer. Using your hands ensures your natural texture stays in and gives you the power to add the volume you want in all the right places simply by pulling up on the hair and directing your nozzle towards the roots.
3. When hair is 85% dry, smooth out the hair around the face with a Mason Pearson hairbrush.
4. Next grab your T3 Flat Iron, take small sections of hair and lightly bend the hair in a half circle up at the root- remove iron and place the flat iron just underneath that “wave” and create your next half circle just below bending down- continue through the lengths of hair. This technique allows you to create, perfectly, imperfect bends- the kind you’d get from jumping in and out of the ocean.
5. Once your bends are set, use Herbal Essences Bio Renew Volumizing Dry Shampoo to add texture at the root and through the lengths of the hair.
6. Finishing by using Herbal Essences Bourbon Manuka Honey Oil Infused Hair Creme on the ends of the hair and to tap down any fly always around the face.